Cinnamon is considered among the earliest spices and unsurpassed ingredient in the kitchen. It has a very pleasant smell and taste and is used as an addition to fruit salads, pies, and other desserts. Many people like the coffee that sprinkled with a little cinnamon, since it will get a special flavor. It might also be added to tea and other beverages.
In actuality, one has to distinguish between two kinds of cinnamon. One is Ceylon cinnamon, which is better and recommended for consumption. The second is that the Chinese cinnamon, which is of lower quality, and as such is acceptable for industrial manufacturing fresheners, scented candles and the like. Chinese cinnamon is not recommended in the diet as it contains more coumarin than allowed. Ingredient coumarin in larger doses may cause liver and kidney damage.
See why cinnamon is good for your wellbeing.
1. It controls blood glucose levels – Many studies have shown that cinnamon has a beneficial impact on blood sugar levels. Cinnamon is a popular natural remedy used by people suffering from type 2 diabetes.
3. It relieves the symptoms caused by poisoning – Cinnamon has a strong antibacterial effect and is excellent in the treatment of stomach problems caused by salmonella and E. coli. Ground cinnamon, oil or tea of cinnamon, are effective in preventing stomach problems.
4. Helps in the treatment of symptoms of irritation gut syndrome – Cinnamon drastically reduces the unpleasant symptoms of headache gut syndrome, particularly helps with flatulence. This plant stimulates digestion and helps in treating bacterial infections. In addition, cinnamon is an outstanding remedy for stomach cramps.
5. Helps with osteoporosis and arthritis – Cinnamon is full of manganese, which helps build bones, blood and connective tissues in the body. People who have less of manganese in the body often suffer from arthritis and osteoporosis.
6. Cinnamon affects cognitive growth and memory – Regular consumption of cinnamon protect the health of the brain and enhance concentration.
7. It is powerful antioxidant – Cinnamon is one of the top foods rich in antioxidants. They help regenerate cells and relieve the body of harmful free radicals.
8. Helps with weight loss – Cinnamon improves circulation and may accelerate metabolism. Therefore, you’ll be successful in the fight with overweight.
9. Relieves muscle pain – If you feel pain in your muscles it helps you massage cinnamon oil.
11. Cinnamon improves the health of teeth and gums – Cinnamon oil is frequently utilised in the production of chewing gum, candy freshening breath, mouthwashes, and toothpaste. This is primarily because of the strong antimicrobial effect of cinnamon.
12. Relieves colds, sore throat, and cough – Tea made from cinnamon or tea with cinnamon positive impact on problems caused by a cold or a sore throat, and can alleviate a cough.
13. Relieves symptoms of PMS – Since it is rich in manganese, cinnamon is a great way to reduce the unpleasant symptoms of PMS.
14. Against the symptoms of food poisoning – Cinnamon calms ailments caused by food poisoning, can neutralize bacteria, fungi, and other microbes.
15. Regulates menstrual cycle – Cinnamon helps women who have polycystic ovaries so that they can regulate the menstrual cycle.
16. Relieves a headache – If you are suffering from a migraine or regular headaches, first aid can be tea of cinnamon.
Use Ceylon cinnamon to remove coumarin related side effects.